One of the favorite features of Anna Maria Island is that it is one of the few beach destinations that still embraces private businesses, including dozens of private restaurants. Some of the island's most popular eateries are those that stimulate both the taste buds and the eyes.
Here are some restaurants that serve great food and spectacular watery views:
- Beach Bistro: Serves high-end, international cuisine including specialty steak and seafood dishes. Beach Bistro is located on Holmes Beach at 6600 Gulf Dr. This is one of the best restaurants in the state of Florida with one of the best wine lists in America.
- Beach Cafe: Serves pancakes, burgers and fries. Beach Cafe is located on Manatee Public Beach at the intersection of Manatee Ave. and Gulf Dr. Publications around the nation and around the globe have written about experience pancakes on the beach. The operators of the cafe continue to carry on this Anna Maria Island tradition.
- BeachHouse: American and seafood dishes. BeachHouse is so busy it consistently stalls traffic at the intersection of Cortez Rd. and Gulf Dr. This restaurant also hosts a lot of weddings and events. Most nights it has live music and sunset specials.
- Bridge Street Bistro: Floribbean, steak and seafood dishes are served. Bridge Street Bistro is not located on the beach. However, it is located atop a three-story structure that offers stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico and Sarasota Bay. This is a very intimate dining experience. They have also recently added an outdoor bar beneath the restaurant.
- Bridge Tender Inn: Serves pub grub, steaks and seafood. Bridge Tender Inn is located on Anna Maria Island's bayside off of Historic Bridge Street. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the views into the bay easily rival anything on the Gulf.
- City Pier: Seafood and burgers are served. The City Pier restaurant is located at the end of the Anna Maria's more than 100-year-old pier at 100 South Bay Blvd. It has inspiring views of Tampa Bay and lots of marine life.
- Gulf Drive Cafe: Serves traditional American cafe food and seafood. Gulf Drive Cafe is located on the 900 block of Gulf Dr on Cortez Beach. It has recently built on a large tiki hut for outdoor dining and drinks.
- Rod & Reel Pier: Serves seafood, burgers and breakfast. Rod & Reel Pier sits atop a two-story structure at the end of the island's northern most pier. This is a local favorite restaurant and the views are unforgettable.
- Sandbar Restaurant: American and seafood dishes. Sandbar is under the same management as BeachHouse. It is located at 100 Spring Ave. on the northern portion of the island in the sand of Anna Maria Beach. It is the top wedding site on the island and has live music nightly.
- The Waterfront: Seafood dishes served. The Waterfront is less than two years old, but it has quickly become one of the staples of the Anna Maria Island most recommended list. It is located across from the City Pier on South Bay Blvd. This is a little bit more upscale. It has great views of Tampa Bay.
BOOK EXTERIOR: Laminate Hardcover w/ UV Coating; BOOK INTERIOR; Ultra-thick 135 lb paper w/ UV coating; ISBN: 978-0-9860427-0-6