Anna Maria Island, Fla., on the Gulf of Mexico is a seven-mile paradise beloved by visitors for more than a century. While adults enjoy the island as an escape from the stresses of their daily lives in a scenic wonderland, children have their own reasons for loving AMI.
Here are seven reasons kids love Anna Maria Island:
1. Room to Roam: Many popular beach destinations around the world are so heavily populous that any parent would be crazy to ever let their children out of their sight for a second. But on Anna Maria Island there's more than enough room for the kids to roam.
2. Wildlife: Pelicans, seagulls, cranes, herons, wild parrots, dolphins and manatees are just some of the members of the Anna Maria Island welcome party. There is a special connection between children and animals. Great childhood memories are often built around encounters with nature. You're sure to have many memorable encounters on AMI.
3. Gentle Ocean: While surfers might get frustrated with the lack of large ocean swells on Anna Maria Island, children are likely to find the ocean a far more pleasant experience when they aren't being barreled over by salty ocean waves. Because of the island's position well behind the Gulf of Mexico Current, AMI's are usually very low providing a much calmer, safer water playground than a typical beach.
4. Activities: Children never forget the experiences had on Anna Maria Island, both on land and at water. The Fish Hole located on Historic Bridge Street is a wild 18-hole miniature golf course. Segs by the Sea and Zegway offer both tours and rental of Segways and other thrilling human transporters. Parasailing is available for the big kids. Charter sailboat tours are magic on the sea. And motor boat rentals are available at the Bradenton Beach Marina. Top it off with a scoop of ice cream from one of the many sweet shops on AMI.
5. Events: Throughout the year there are many kid-centric events. Santa Claus makes multiple visits and a lit boat parade along the bay is held in December. Spring brings events like the St. Patrick's Day Parade and Bayfest, an extravaganza of music, games and fun on Pine Ave. The Fourth of July is celebrated with spectacular displays of fireworks over the sea courtesy of BeachHouse and Sandbar restaurants.
6. Island Trolley: The turquoise silhouette of the Anna Maria Island Trolley is one of the island's most iconic images. Traveling from north to south and complete free, the island trolley is a fun way to navigate AMI for both children and adults alike.
7. Bonding Time: Most importantly, children love Anna Maria Island because mom, dad, big brother and/or big sister are with them. They may not say it, and they may not even know it, but what most children want is your attention. Without the distractions of cities, work and school Anna Maria Island gives families a chance to relax and have fun together.Bring the magic of Anna Maria Island home with you in "Anna Maria Island: The Book" It's the perfect souvenir or gift for anyone who loves Anna Maria Island, FL
BOOK EXTERIOR: Laminate Hardcover w/ UV Coating; BOOK INTERIOR; Ultra-thick 135 lb paper w/ UV coating; ISBN: 978-0-9860427-0-6