Anna Maria Island is one of Florida's most relaxing beach getaway destinations. Most known for it's unwillingness to allow corporations to build luxury high-rises or chain restaurants, AMI is the embodiment of the classic Florida beach vacations. Tens of thousands of people return to the seven-mile island each year to enjoy the finest white powder beaches in the continental United States. But beyond the daze of beach relaxation, there are plenty of adventures to be had on Anna Maria. Here are seven thrilling adventures to be had on AMI:
- Segway Tour: Segs by the Sea is located on Historic Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach (south island). They offer numerous tour options.
- Charter Sunset Sail: Anna Maria Island Sailing and Boat Tours, Spice Sailing Charter and Bimini Bay Sailing all dock on Anna Maria Island. Sailing charters are available at any time of day, however sunset sails are particularly popular.
- Gulf Fishing: Captain Josh, Dolphin Dreams, Gnarly Mangrove and Bradenton Beach Marina all offer opportunities to charter a motor boat for the purpose of fishing on the Gulf and they all dock off AMI.
- Egmont Key: Egmont Key is a small island located just north of Anna Maria Island in the middle of the mouth of Tampa Bay. Egmont was once used as a strategic military defense station. Ruins of stationary gunners and bunkers are open to explore. Many of the boat charter companies offer Egmont Key tours.
- Scooter Ride: The most efficient way to tour Anna Maria Island is via scooter or golf cart; it's also the most fun. The Island Scooter Store, Island Scooters and Beach Bums have scooters and carts available for rent by the day, week or season.
- Paddle Board: The latest craze in the surf world is stand up paddle boarding. Stand up paddle boarding is ideal for exploring the waters around AMI because of the views it provides into the water and because the shallow waves near the shore provide a sense of surfing without the wipe out.
- Eco Tour: Explore some of Florida's most lively trails with a kayak eco tour from Native Rentals, Anna Maria Bike & Kayak, or Bimini Bay Sailing. While touring through mangroves and native shrubbery you are likely to see of cranes, egrets, dolphins and maybe even manatee.
BOOK EXTERIOR: Laminate Hardcover w/ UV Coating; BOOK INTERIOR; Ultra-thick 135 lb paper w/ UV coating; ISBN: 978-0-9860427-0-6