Many of the best travel experiences take place behind a dinner table. Although Anna Maria Island, Fla. (located on the Gulf of Mexico), is most well-known for its eight-miles of white sand beaches, it also hosts more than four dozen restaurants, each offering a unique dining experience.
Here are seven of the memorable restaurant experiences that await you on AMI:
1. Pancakes on the Beach: Anna Maria Beach Cafe located on Manatee County Public Beach brings breakfast and the beach together with all-you-can-eat pancakes. For less than $10, you can start your day with a never ending stack of flapjacks while soaking in the sand and sea.
2. Beach Bistro: Well-known chef Sean Murphy opened Beach Bistro on Holmes Beach in 1985. Since then, it has grown to become one of the most respected restaurants in Southwest America. With entrees averaging more than $50, Beach Bistro is not in everyone's budget. But if you can afford it, Murphy's restaurant is an experience you won't want to miss.
3. Crepes: When planning a Florida beach getaway, crepes probably aren't the first thing you'd think for breakfast. But if you're staying on Anna Maria Island, you might want to think a little harder. The Island Creperie on Historic Bridge Street's artistry in preparing both traditional and American-inspired (bacon and eggs) crepes is one of AMI's most delightfully unexpected dining experiences.
4. Bridge Street Bistro: One of AMI's best new restaurants is Bridge Street Bistro, located on Historic Bridge Street. The combination of a perfectly cooked steak, a third-story view of both the Gulf of Mexico to the west and the Anna Maria Sound to the east makes it an ideal highlight to a modish night out with your significant other.
5. The Feast: Formerly known as "A Moveable Feast" in a nod to sea-loving author Ernest Hemingway, The Feast offers in excellent food what it lacks in decor. Located in the Island Shopping Center in Holmes Beach, The Feast is affordable and memorable.
6. Joe's Sweets & Treats: There are many great places to satisfy your sweet tooth on Anna Maria Island, but the one that will stand out in your mind is Joe's Sweets & Treats. Joe's multi-colored building demands attention. Hundreds of flavors of homemade ice cream away inside as well as chocolate-covered cheese cake and many other super sweet deserts.
7. Rod & Reel Restaurant: Atop a two-store building at the end of the northern most pier on Anna Maria Island, the Rod & Reel Restaurant serves delicious affordable food and provides stunning views of Tampa Bay. Locals frequent Rod & Reel for their breakfasts and fresh seafood.Bring the magic of Anna Maria Island home with you in "Anna Maria Island: The Book" It's the perfect souvenir or gift for anyone who loves Anna Maria Island, FL. With more than 100 great facts & photos of AMI.
BOOK EXTERIOR: Laminate Hardcover w/ UV Coating; BOOK INTERIOR; Ultra-thick 135 lb paper w/ UV coating; ISBN: 978-0-9860427-0-6